FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 28, 2016
Contact: Darrel Berry, Marketing Communications Manager
Hanson Professional Services Inc.
Hanson’s Peoria office celebrates 50th anniversary
PEORIA, Ill. — Hanson Professional Services Inc.’s Peoria office is celebrating 50 years.
Hanson, a company founded in 1954 in Springfield, Illinois, by Walt Hanson, established its first branch office in Peoria in 1966. At the time, the company was providing structural design services for Peoria architectural firm Phillips Swager Associates.
The Peoria office has been involved in projects including the Bob Michel Bridge, the new westbound span of the McClugage Bridge, improvements to Interstate 74, the Warehouse District revitalization, the Washington Street roundabout, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center’s helipad, Peoria Civic Center’s exhibit hall expansion, the skywalks at Caterpillar’s corporate headquarters, Bradley University’s Field House, various projects for Illinois Central College and the Peoria Air National Guard Base and Heddington Oaks, a nursing home in West Peoria.
Hanson is a national, employee-owned consulting firm providing engineering, planning and allied services. The Peoria office is located at 7625 N. University St., Suite 200, Peoria, IL 61614. The office may be reached by phone at (309) 691-0902.