Existing Building Commissioning
Hanson provides existing building commissioning (EBCx) that includes recommissioning and retro-commissioning (RetroCx) services for existing facilities. This process can fine-tune your facility to improve operational efficiencies. With a focus on low-cost and no-cost facility improvement measures (FIMs), this process can build on an audit or facility condition assessments.
Recommissioning buildings is part of the ongoing commissioning process for a facility that was commissioned when it was built. It can be done using the existing functional performance tests and other commissioning documentation, or by using the facets of monitoring-based commissioning (MBCx), to identify and correct control-related problems that cannot be easily discovered during a traditional energy audit.
The RCx approach is designed to evaluate and make the most of systems that were not commissioned when the facility was built. Hanson’s approach is to identify a complete list of FIMs that were evaluated, ranging from no- or low-cost measures, capital expenditure projects and those that are not feasible today but could be as the technology improves. We can also provide these services under a utility company’s RCx incentive program, when available.
Hanson’s existing building commissioning services can include:
- utility and water bill analysis
- review of as-built drawings
- interviews with operations and maintenance staff
- functional performance testing
- identification of control modifications
- identification of facility upgrades
- cost-benefit/payback analysis
- energy modeling
- post-implementation verification of savings (proof of concept)
- development of an ongoing commissioning plan
- development of an MBCx plan