Measurement and Verification
Hanson’s energy specialists can develop and implement a measurement and verification (M&V) plan to support the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design™ (LEED) rating system credit. This service follows Option B or Option D of the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol and provides post-construction verification of your building’s energy consumption.
Hanson also can provide independent M&V services, offering unbiased support for your performance contract project. Hanson can assist with establishing your energy consumption baseline and determine the validity of future baseline adjustments that may become necessary. In addition, Hanson can recommend a M&V methodology, taking into consideration the cost-benefit of ongoing M&V and the desired level of “risk-sharing” between the owner and energy services company for each energy-conservation measure.
Our M&V services include:
- developing and implementing LEED measurement and verification plan
- establishing an accurate baseline of energy consumption
- providing an independent review of savings calculations
- recommending measurement and verification methodology
- determining accuracy of stipulated energy, operations and maintenance and capital savings
- conducting post-implementation measurements to verify savings are achieved