Airport Commissioning and Energy Management
Are your facility’s systems performing according to their designs? You can find out by implementing commissioning (for new buildings) or retro-commissioning (for existing buildings). We can also help you create an energy management strategy to assist with planning your future energy operations and increasing your overall resiliency.
Commissioning is a quality-oriented process that documents the performance and energy efficiency of a building’s systems against defined objectives and criteria. It also is a component for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification, which focuses on saving energy, conserving water, reducing carbon dioxide emissions and improving indoor environmental quality. Whether it’s a new or existing building, our experienced teams of commissioning engineers and specialists can help you assess the performance of your building’s systems. Proactive energy management can result in substantial operations and maintenance (O&M) cost savings, reduced energy use and increased equipment uptime.
Additionally, our staff can help develop an energy roadmap — a strategic energy plan that can help you forecast, prioritize and budget your buildings, systems and equipment. The process also helps establish policies and procedures for your facilities.
Hanson’s airport building commissioning and energy management services include:
- development of owner’s project requirements
- LEED certification assistance
- building envelope, finishes and furnishings evaluations
- commissioning plan development
- development of checklists for equipment installation and startup
- energy audits and modeling
- functional performance testing
- heating, ventilating and air-conditioning system (HVAC) evaluations
- feasibility studies and facility condition assessments
- measurement and verification of systems
- oversight review of O&M training and documentation
- warranty review
- COVID-19 building readiness
Hanson’s staff is active in numerous leading organizations for the commissioning and energy industry because education, experience and ongoing training matter. We have staff accredited by programs including Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA), LEED AP® (accredited professional), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and many others.
Our team uses methodologies and approaches based on protocols established by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the Association of Energy Engineers, AABC Commissioning Group, the Building Commissioning Association and other national organizations.