Charlotte County Airport – general consultant services
Under a general consulting contract with the airport, Hanson provided services to the Charlotte County Airport Authority in Punta Gorda, Fla.
Hanson personnel provided a full range of services to the airport, including planning, surveying, materials testing, design, stormwater management and construction administration. They also assisted with grant and funding coordination with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other regulatory agencies.
Hanson provided design-build and design-bid-build services to help the airport with effective and efficient project delivery.
Design-build projects have included:
- New taxiway connector to accommodate air-carrier service
- Reconstruction after Hurricane Charley, including 100 T-Hangars, fencing, airfield lighting and signage and airfield electrical vault
- Rehabilitation of the aircraft parking apron to accommodate air-carrier service
- Adjustments to existing drainage structures
- Widening of parallel Taxiway A to Runway 5-23 to accommodate new air-carrier service
- New runway and taxiway signage
Design-bid-build projects have included:
- Commerce park
- New runway and taxiway lighting
- New runway and taxiway pavement markings
- Water management district permitting
- Runway 3-21 rehabilitation
- Commerce park redesign
- Parking lot and access road design
- Runway 15-33 rehabilitation
Planning projects have included:
- Master plan and master plan update
- Airport master drainage plan
- Air traffic control tower siting study
*Hanson personnel provided services on some of these projects while employed by a firm whose assets were acquired by Hanson.